HOW TO MAKE A GIF LIKE THIS (with picture guides)
aka a gif where each person turns to color one by one
First, start out with your original image. Edit the photo any way that you want to (but not black and white). I added one of my own psds.
Make a Vibrancy Layer and set the saturation to -100. Or just make a black and white Gradient Map layer.
While the black and white layer is still selected (do not merge the layers yet), go to the Rectangular Marquee tool. Then select one of the subjects. Hit the delete button on your keyboard and now it should look like this.
With your brush tool set to white, paint over anything that shouldn’t be colored that is.
OPTIONAL: Add any text that you want to the photo. Such as the specific person’s name or whatever you want.
Merge everything and save that photo with the name of the subject into a folder specifically for your gif. For example, I’m naming this image “Seungri” and I’m placing it in my “color gif tut” folder.
Now go back and desaturate the entire image once again, still not merging the color image with the vibrance layer. Repeat all the previous steps with the next subject and the next subject until you get them each individually colored with their own separate version of the photo.
Now onto making the actual gif.
Start out with the person or thing you want to be shown first. Usually it’s the person on the far left. Just open up their photo.
Next, open up the next person’s photo and drop the image on top of the first person’s. Keep doing that until you have all of the photos stacked on top of eachother, each one a different layer.
Your layers should look like this when you’re done:
Now go to Window -> Animation. On the right side of the animation bar, there should be an arrow with some lines.
Click on that and then click Make Frames From Layers. This will make a gif featuring each layer. Now all you have to do is pick a speed for the gif.
0.5 seconds should be good. And there you go! Just save it like you would a normal gif with Save for Web and Devices and share with the world.
Saved as: #gif tutorial #tutorial #photoshop #resources #big bang
- briizyleaves likes this
- torihesketh likes this
- oldsaintfinnick likes this
- lovingscolors reblogged this from stopandps
- kawaicolorings likes this
- stopandps reblogged this from ps--resources
- hollandrodensgs likes this
- ps--resources reblogged this from pscs5
- ps--resources likes this
- bianeko reblogged this from sarang-psds
- allegrettorhythm likes this
- northerlydirection likes this
- rninsong likes this
- jayben1122 likes this
- annehathaway1x1 reblogged this from keir-reviews
- christyofrp reblogged this from gaysmas
- gaysmas reblogged this from emiliaofrps
- emiliaofrps reblogged this from missyperegrym1x1
- roleplayneeds likes this
- missyperegrym1x1 reblogged this from roleplayneeds
- ezrarph reblogged this from roleplayneeds
- roleplayneeds reblogged this from gillian-helps
- theysavedmyhopes likes this
- feio-irritante-chato likes this
- webelongtogethe-r likes this
- rushdesigns reblogged this from sarang-psds and added:
- rushdesigns likes this
- itsjustquinnie likes this
- lovesickmelody likes this
- chandoho likes this
- happyhyukiedays reblogged this from sarang-psds
- happyhyukiedays likes this
- princess-de-gelo likes this
- amoredeliria reblogged this from chaoticresources
- o-b-s-e-s-s-i-o-n likes this
- princejosephh likes this
- crazzyliife reblogged this from sarang-psds
- wni reblogged this from sarang-psds
- duckflyfly likes this
- mynaivesoul likes this
- khunfuse likes this
- touchastranger likes this
- psbrasil likes this
- foxconfessors reblogged this from picklenest
- dewonez likes this
- ir3pteambreezy likes this
- kskadetut reblogged this from pscs5
- hotchelleproud likes this